- Bidirectional synchronization
- Unidirectional synchronization
- Synchronize Jira Server with Jira Cloud
- Synchronize one project with multiple others
- Synchronize a private with a public project
- Synchronize projects behind firewalls
- Synchronize without installing
- Synchronize with changing Jiras
- Migrate Jira projects
- JIRA Service Desk
- Analyze and fix errors
- Trigger a resync
- Increase the JIRA logging level
Fix common problems
General problem situations
- 411 - Length required
- All fields have English names although Jira is in a different language
- Authentication with an external Jira fails
- Exception: ServiceLocatorImpl has been shut down
- Sync info panel displays wrong synchronization name, and no link to partner project
- Server is not reachable - how to fix it
- Changes are not being synchronized
- Can't change the synchronization user
- Recently created issue types, fields, etc. are not available when editing configuration
Issue specific problem situations
- Admin or project admin permissions are required
- Bad gateway
- Cannot add or remove watcher
- Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
- Cannot find transition
- Cannot find transition id
- Component(s) not valid
- Field not on the Screen
- Incoming Issue Error
- Incompatible message format
- Invalid license
- Invalid regex syntax
- Issue does not exist
- Issues must be assigned
- JIRA is offline
- Missing attachment permissions
- Missing Issue
- Missing issue type mapping
- Missing message
- Missing parent Issue error
- Missing required fields
- No create version permissions
- No permissions to view this request for JIRA Service Desk
- No project administration permissions
- Option not valid
- Outgoing Issue error
- Outgoing Send Error
- Priority not valid
- Resolution cannot be chosen
- Sprint does not exist
- Template error
- The requested board cannot be viewed
- User does not exist
- User not assignable
- Version(s) not valid
- Workflow operation not valid
- General problem situations
- Field mapping reference
- REST API
- Synchronization behavior
- Data Encryption
This screen provides you with an overview of the connection details.
You can edit the connection to change the password of the synchronisation user. You won't be able to edit the project key or the synchronization user itself. Backbone uses the synchronization user to identify which changes have been performed by backbone and which changes should be synchronized.
Furthermore the screen provides you an overview of the synchronization users' permissions. These can be managed either by managing project permissions or assigning the synchronization user to a project role.
Changing the password
If you want to change the password of the synchronization user and want to avoid to run into a scenario where you have to enter a captcha, you should follow the following steps to set the new password.
- Stop the synchronization.
- Navigate to the connection screen.
- Change the users password (in another tab/window).
- Update the password via "Edit connection".
- Start the synchronization again.
Backbone requires permissions based on the actual use case how you want to synchronize issues in your project. Therefore the permission list is divided into several sections which map to the tabs in the UI. The only required permission that is absolutely required is Browse Projects.
If you want to map workflows between instances, the synchronization user requires the Administer Projects permission.
All other permissions are optional, they are mentioned in the UI as well as in the documentation about the several tabs: Issue Type Mappings, Field Mappings, Workflow Mappings, Comments and Attachments.