Example Use Cases
- Bidirectional synchronization
- Unidirectional synchronization
- Synchronize Jira Server with Jira Cloud
- Synchronize one project with multiple others
- Synchronize a private with a public project
- Synchronize projects behind firewalls
- Synchronize without installing
- Synchronize with changing Jiras
- Migrate Jira projects
- JIRA Service Desk
- Configuring the synchronization user
- Start and stop synchronizations
- Create a synchronization
- Issue Type Mappings
- Field Mappings
- Fields (Default values)
- Workflow Mappings
- Advanced Settings
- Configure email error notifications
- Distributed configuration
- Analyze and fix errors
- Trigger a resync
- Increase the JIRA logging level
Fix common problems
General problem situations
- 411 - Length required
- All fields have English names although Jira is in a different language
- Authentication with an external Jira fails
- Exception: ServiceLocatorImpl has been shut down
- Sync info panel displays wrong synchronization name, and no link to partner project
- Server is not reachable - how to fix it
- Changes are not being synchronized
- Can't change the synchronization user
- Recently created issue types, fields, etc. are not available when editing configuration
Issue specific problem situations
- Admin or project admin permissions are required
- Bad gateway
- Cannot add or remove watcher
- Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
- Cannot find transition
- Cannot find transition id
- Cannot perform transition
- Component(s) not valid
- Could not resolve value of Project Key
- Fallback user does not exist
- Field not on the Screen
- Incoming Issue Error
- Incompatible message format
- Invalid JQL Filter
- Invalid license
- Invalid regex syntax
- Issue does not exist
- Issues must be assigned
- JIRA is offline
- Missing attachment permissions
- Missing Issue
- Missing issue type mapping
- Missing message
- Missing parent Issue error
- Missing required fields
- No create version permissions
- No project administration permissions
- Option not valid
- Outgoing Issue error
- Outgoing Send Error
- Priority not valid
- Resolution cannot be chosen
- Security level name is not valid
- Sprint does not exist
- Template error
- The requested board cannot be viewed
- User does not exist
- User not assignable
- Version(s) not valid
- Workflow operation not valid
- General problem situations
- Field mapping reference
- REST API
- Synchronization behavior
- Data Encryption
- How does Backbone affect server performance?
- Do you plan to synchronize with other systems?
- Does Backbone communicate via an encrypted channel?
- Can I synchronize an instance from behind an enterprise firewall?
- Can I synchronize an instance without installing Backbone?
- Can I have the same issue keys in both projects?
- Knowledge Base
Define how attachments are synchronized between instances.
- If an attachment gets deleted in the issue where it was originally added, it will also be removed in the corresponding issue in the partner project.
- If you delete an attachment that has been synchronized to the partner project by Backbone, it will not be removed in the issue in the partner project where it was added originally.
You can configure additional options via the configure link for both directions. There you can choose between two modes:
- Blacklist Mapping (default). This includes all attachments in the synchronization except the ones you specify with the filter options.
- Whitelist Mapping. This excludes all attachments from the synchronization. Only attachments matching the filter options will be synchronized.
- Maximum file size. Files bigger than the specified file size will not be synchronized. The file size is specified in MB.
- Mime Types. Files with a mime type from this list will be included in (Whitelist Mapping)/excluded from (Blacklist Mapping) the synchronization. You can find a list of possible mime types here.
- Filename Regex. Files with a name matching this regular expression will be included in (Whitelist Mapping)/excluded from (Blacklist Mapping) the synchronization. The regular expression will be executed in Java, so you can use any regular expression which works in Java.