- Bidirectional synchronization
- Unidirectional synchronization
- Synchronize Jira Server with Jira Cloud
- Synchronize one project with multiple others
- Synchronize a private with a public project
- Synchronize without installing
- Migrate Jira projects
- Synchronize with Jira Service Desk
- Synchronize only certain issues
- Analyze and fix errors
- Trigger a resync
Fix common problems
- General problem situations
Issue specific problem situations
- Admin or project admin permissions are required
- Bad gateway
- Cannot add or remove watcher
- Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
- Cannot find transition
- Cannot find transition id
- Cannot perform transition
- Component(s) not valid
- Could not resolve value of Project Key
- Fallback user does not exist
- Field not on the Screen
- Incoming Issue Error
- Incompatible message format
- Invalid JQL Filter
- Invalid license
- Invalid regex syntax
- Issue does not exist
- Issues must be assigned
- JIRA is offline
- Missing attachment permissions
- Missing Issue
- Missing issue type mapping
- Missing message
- Missing parent Issue error
- Missing required fields
- No create version permissions
- No project administration permissions
- Option not valid
- Outgoing Issue error
- Outgoing Send Error
- Priority not valid
- Resolution cannot be chosen
- Security level name is not valid
- Sprint does not exist
- Template error
- The requested board cannot be viewed
- User does not exist
- User not assignable
- Version(s) not valid
- Workflow operation not valid
- Could not resolve value of Issue Key
- Field mapping reference
- Synchronization behavior
- Handling Personal Data
In the synchronization detail view you can find the settings and specifications of a single synchronization. This includes the following:
Connection - View and edit the connection settings for this synchronization.
Notifications - Define to who sync error notifications should be send.
Troubleshooting - Find, analyze, and fix errors affecting this synchronization.
In the menu (•••) in the top right corner you can find a list of actions you can perform for this synchronization.
Stop/start synchronization: Enable or disable Backbone from syncing issues and issue data.
- Take the tour: Shows some hints about the different tabs and possibilities of the current screen.
- Clear Backbone cache: Clear cached data by Backbone. Backbone caches data from Jira, such as a list of available fields. If a new field is added to Jira and it doesn't show in Backbone, you need to clear the cache so Backbone will load it.
- Resync: Enables you to trigger a resync.
- Pair Existing issues: Import a csv file to pair existing issues. This function can only be used when the synchronization is stopped.
- Download synchronized issues: Download all synchronized issues into a JSON file. This can be used for eg. Migrating a Backbone synchronization to a new Jira instance.
Manage Jira Workflows: Upload the XML workflow files for both projects. This is required for mapping the workflows states
- Help: Open the Backbone documentation (in a new tab)