- Bidirectional synchronization
- Unidirectional synchronization
- Synchronize Jira Server with Jira Cloud
- Synchronize one project with multiple others
- Synchronize a private with a public project
- Synchronize without installing
- Migrate Jira projects
- Synchronize with Jira Service Desk
- Synchronize only certain issues
- Analyze and fix errors
- Trigger a resync
Fix common problems
- General problem situations
Issue specific problem situations
- Admin or project admin permissions are required
- Bad gateway
- Cannot add or remove watcher
- Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
- Cannot find transition
- Cannot find transition id
- Cannot perform transition
- Component(s) not valid
- Could not resolve value of Project Key
- Fallback user does not exist
- Field not on the Screen
- Incoming Issue Error
- Incompatible message format
- Invalid JQL Filter
- Invalid license
- Invalid regex syntax
- Issue does not exist
- Issues must be assigned
- JIRA is offline
- Missing attachment permissions
- Missing Issue
- Missing issue type mapping
- Missing message
- Missing parent Issue error
- Missing required fields
- No create version permissions
- No project administration permissions
- Option not valid
- Outgoing Issue error
- Outgoing Send Error
- Priority not valid
- Resolution cannot be chosen
- Security level name is not valid
- Sprint does not exist
- Template error
- The requested board cannot be viewed
- User does not exist
- User not assignable
- Version(s) not valid
- Workflow operation not valid
- Could not resolve value of Issue Key
- Field mapping reference
- Synchronization behavior
- Handling Personal Data
Backbone has two options for synchronizing the 'watchers' field.
- If the synchronized projects are in Jira systems with the same user base, you can synchronize the watchers field to another watchers field
- If the synchronized projects have different user bases, synchronize the watchers field to a text string
InfoChanges on watchers will only get synced once another field of the issue has been changed too, as adding/removing watchers isn't shown in the issue history. We want to improve this behavior so that it will always be synced directly. Please watch or vote for BAC-1326 to make this possible.
Watchers to watchers
What does it do?
Synchronize the watchers in the 'watchers' field between synchronized issues.
How do I use it?
You should only use this option if the synchronized Jira instances have the same userbases, otherwise the non-existing synchronized users will not be recognized in the partner project, causing an error.
Simply synchronize the 'watchers' field to the 'watchers' field in the Backbone configuration.
Watchers to string
What does it do?
The Watchers to String option lets you map a watchers field to a custom field of type text.
How do I use it?
You must map the watchers field to a text field. The mapping can only be unidirectional, because Backbone doesn't support parsing the text field from the other instance.
In the field mapping configuration, you can enter the text format in the Custom User Template text box:
You can use the following placeholders in the text format:
|the watcher's JIRA display name|
|the watcher's JIRA log-in name|
|the email address associated with the watcher's JIRA account|