An issue does not get synchronized and appears in the troubleshooting section with the category 'Cannot find transition id' and the message, e.g. 'Cannot find transition with the id 5 in status Resolved'.
There are two known possible causes for this problem:
- Cause A: The workflow has been modified after you've configured the synchronization
- Cause B: You have defined a resolution field mapping with a transition which is not a global looped transition
Find out the cause
If its cause A, you should see validation errors in the workflows tab of the Backbone UI.
If you can't see any validation errors, it's cause B.
Perform the following steps based on the cause of the problem.
To solve this, you need to update your workflow mappings to fit your new workflow.
- open the Backbone UI of the synchronization
- open the 'Configuration' Tab
- click on Workflows
- delete the existing workflow mapping and set up a new one that suits your new workflow
- ... please perform a retry if you have only changed your JIRA or backbone configuration on the receiver project.
- ... please perform a resync if you have done changes on the sender project.
- Please correct your resolution field mapping by following our Passthrough (Transition) help article