- Analyze and fix errors
Error message reference
- Admin or project admin permissions are required
- 411 - Length required
- Bad gateway
- Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
- Cannot find transition
- Cannot find transition id
- Component(s) not valid
- Field not on the Screen
- Incoming Issue Error
- Incompatible message format
- Invalid license
- Invalid regex syntax
- Issue does not exist
- Issues must be assigned
- JIRA is offline
- Missing attachment permissions
- Missing Issue
- Missing issue type mapping
- Missing message
- Missing required fields
- No create version permissions
- No permissions to view this request for JIRA Service Desk
- No project administration permissions
- Option not valid
- Outgoing Issue error
- Outgoing Send Error
- Priority not valid
- Resolution cannot be chosen
- Server is not reachable - how to fix it
- Sprint does not exist
- Template error
- The requested board cannot be viewed
- User does not exist
- User not assignable
- Version(s) not valid
- Workflow operation not valid
Fix common problems
- Changes are not being synchronized
- Sync info panel displays wrong synchronization name, and no link to partner project
- Can't change the synchronization user
- All fields have English names although Jira is in a different language
- Recently created issue types, fields, etc. are not available when editing configuration
- Authentication with an external Jira fails
- Configure email error notifications
- Field mapping reference
- Issue synchronization behavior
- REST API
- Encryption inside Backbone
- Synchronizing Personal Data
This screen provides you with an overview of the connection details.
You can edit the connection to change the password of the synchronisation user. You won't be able to edit the project key or the synchronization user itself. Backbone uses the synchronization user to identify which changes have been performed by backbone and which changes should be synchronized.
Furthermore the screen provides you an overview of the synchronization users' permissions. These can be managed either by managing project permissions or assigning the synchronization user to a project role.
Changing the password
If you want to change the password of the synchronization user and want to avoid to run into a scenario where you have to enter a captcha, you should follow the following steps to set the new password.
- Stop the synchronization.
- Navigate to the connection screen.
- Change the users password (in another tab/window).
- Update the password via "Edit connection".
- Start the synchronization again.
Backbone requires permissions based on the actual use case how you want to synchronize issues in your project. Therefore the permission list is divided into several sections which map to the tabs in the UI. The only required permission that is absolutely required is Browse Projects.
If you want to map workflows between instances, the synchronization user requires the Administer Projects permission.
All other permissions are optional, they are mentioned in the UI as well as in the documentation about the several tabs: Issue Type Mappings, Field Mappings, Workflow Mappings, Comments and Attachments.