This article guides you through the steps to take for the migration of a Server to Server (where Backbone is configured) synchronization to a Cloud to Server (where Backbone is configured) synchronization.
- You are synchronizing to a server instance which also has Backbone installed
- Your partner has configured/set up the synchronization
- Only you are migrating your Server instance to Cloud
- There are no errors in the troubleshooting tab of the configuration. If there are, please solve these first.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The synchronization has to be set up on the Server side
- If you are syncing comments and want to sync them in the new migrated use case as well, some will be duplicated. We are working on a fix for this: - BAC-1449Getting issue details... STATUS
Step-1: Change the sync user and base url
- Stop the original running synchronization
- Open a new tab in your browser and enter the URL <Jira base url>/plugins/servlet/backbone-issue-sync/api/1/integrations
- In the response search for the value of the "integrationKey" field next to the matching summary/description. The "integrationKey" looks similar to this: INT-123
- Use the "integrationKey" and open the following URL: <Jira base url>/plugins/servlet/backbone-issue-sync/api/1/integrations/<integrationKey>
- Search for "secondConnector" and copy the value of the "connectorKey"
- Open the following URL and replace <new username> with the username of your sync user in cloud: <Jira base url>/plugins/servlet/backbone-issue-sync/api/1/connectors/<connectorKey>/user?newUser=<new username(e-mail)>
- Update the base url in the connection tab as well as the password of the sync user (API token)
Step-2: Check your altered synchronization
- In the synchronization config, check every tab ('Issue types', 'Fields - mappings' etc.) for validation errors – these will appear in yellow warning boxes. These warnings can appear due to custom IDs (issue type IDs, field IDs, etc) being different in the new Jira instance. Find any errors and correct them.
- Note: if you are using a user field mapping, make sure to set it to "User Passthrough Mapping (by email)"
Step-3: Start the synchronization
- Start the new synchronization
- Trigger a resync in both directions (with only the summary field, so the resync doesn't take long). This is done in order to recreate the information in the Sync info panel.
- Once you have verified everything is working correctly, delete the original synchronization. This will also delete the old information in the sync info panel.
Still Unclear? Reach Out to Us
If you need help with any of these migration steps, reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.