Helping the K15t Support Team
- Checking the enabled add-on modules
- Configuring Confluence Logging
- Configuring Export Logging
- Enabling Performance Logging
- Creating Confluence Support Zip
- Creating a XML Export of a Single Page
- Creating a XML Export of a Space
- Creating a ZIP file of the Working Directory
- Finding your Support Entitlement Number
- Getting the Server ID
- How to create a space export without attachments
- How to check the browser log
Error Messages Troubleshooting
- Dealing with UnknownHostException
- Export to Word fails with ExporterException: messages.asposeexception.maxlistlevel
- Getting 'Unexpected block type 0!' Error
- NullPointerException at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent()
- PacketTooBigException - Packet for Query is too Large
- Restoring the Confluence Trusted Applications Keystore
- Scroll Office: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find exporter to delegate to
- SSL problems during export - unable to find valid certification path to requested target
- How can I get a notification for every new release of a Scroll add-on?
- What do you need to know if you use a SNAPSHOT version of one of our products?
- Licensing Troubleshooting
- Labels like com.k15t.scroll.pdf.ui.export.dialog.customize.settings are displayed in my Scroll dialogs
- Gathering browser's console content
- Downloading an outdated version of an add-on
- Missing Images in Exports
- Disabling Default Export Schemes on space level
- End of life policy
- Security Bug Fixing Policy
- Security Advisories
- Technical and organizational measures
- Helping the K15t Support Team
How can I find the Support Entitlement Number (SEN) of my Scroll add-on?
There are three options to find the Support Entitlement Number (SEN) for your Scroll add-on:
In the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM)
Before you begin: To see the SEN in the Universal Plugin Manager, you must log in with Confluence Admin permissions.
- Click the cog icon at top right of the screen and select Add-ons.
The installed plugins are displayed.
- Select the wanted add-on.
The SEN is displayed:
In your MyAtlassian Account
Before you begin: To see the SEN in your MyAtlassian Account, you must either be the Technical Contact or Billing Contact.
- Log in to http://my.atlassian.com.
- Find the product license and expand.
The SEN is displayed:
On your Atlassian Invoice
- Your Support Entitlement Number (SEN) appears on the third page of your Atlassian Invoice.