If you are using a Translation Management System you can create a ZIP file with the XML of the space to import it to your Translation Management System.
Before you begin:
- To create a Translation ZIP you must log in with Doc-Admin permissions.
- Make sure you have configured the desired target languages in the Scroll Translations settings.
All pages within the scope of the export will be exported – even view-restricted pages
If a user who generates the translation XML doesn't have access to all pages in the space, all pages that fall within the scope of the export (version, variant, language) will still be exported in the XML.
To create a Translation ZIP
- Open the space you want to translate.
- Click Space Tools > Scroll Add-ons.
The General Overview is displayed.
- Click the Translations tab.
- Click New translation.
The New translation screen is displayed.
- Select if you want to create one single file or one single file per translated page.
- Select the Target language from the list of languages configured for this space.
- Select the version and variant of the pages that are to be translated (if you are using Scroll Versions and these are activated)
Select which pages should be translated:
- You can either translate Outdated pages only if you've already translated some pages before, or All pages if you haven't translated anything yet.
- You can also Export only complete pages using the checkbox. If this option is activated, only pages with the complete Scroll Versions workflow status will be exported in the ZIP.
- All pages that satisfy the condition above would be exported to Translation ZIP, even if they are placed outside of Home page branch.
- Click Translate.
The Translation ZIP is created and can be saved, imported to your Translation Management System or sent to your translation service provider. If the content is translated you can import the translation to your Confluence system.