Sometimes a single, isolated database is not enough. When database entries that relate to each other, these relationships can be implemented as Entry Links fields.
- You have a Meeting Notes database and you want to reference the Project that meeting was about.
- You have a Customer Projects database, and a Customer database. You can then link a Customer Project with a Customer.
In such cases, add an Entry Link field to the database, and then link entries from the other database.
Create a Link to a Database Entry
In order to store links to other database entries, you have to create an Entry Link field.
To create a Entry Link field…
- Select Entry Link.
- Enter the field name in the text field.
- Select the Database, which contains the entries you want to link.
- Click Save.
Add Links to Other Database Entries
Next you can add links into the field you have just created.
To add links…
- Click into the field value.
- Select an entries. (Tip: you may have to type some characters to filter the right entry).
- Click Save the database.