Why does the Windows CHM viewer sometimes not display the contents of CHM files whereas the table of contents is displayed correctly?
There are multiple possible reasons for this:
- When downloading the CHM file using a browser (for example after the export), Windows flags the file as downloaded. You'll need to remove the download flag.
- Right-click the CHM file and select 'Properties'.
- In the Security section, click Unblock.
- If your CHM file has certain special characters like # or @ in the filename the content pane will be empty.
- Remove the special characters from the file name.