Scroll Documents has a troubleshooting tool that you can use to analyze and and fix any problems with your documents and document versions:
Most problems can be automatically fixed by Scroll Documents – but some must be fixed manually.
This article explains how to analyze your Confluence for Scroll Documents-related problems, and explains how to fix any issues that must be fixed manually.
1: get the required permissions
To follow the steps laid out in this guide, you require the Confluence Administrator global permission.
2: ensure the troubleshooting tool can analyze all spaces
If neither the user doing the troubleshooting, nor the add-on user, has the 'View' permission for a space, it cannot be analyzed.
To be sure that all spaces can be analyzed, do the following:
- Navigate to General configuration > Security > Space permissions
- Find spaces that look like created by Scroll Documents (name contains "Document" or "Document Version")
- And if there is 'recover permissions' button for that space, click on it to get 'View' and 'Space admin' permissions for that space
Analyze and fix Scroll Documents-related problems
Now, you can start analyzing and fixing the problems with your Scroll Documents configuration.
- Access the Troubleshooting screen at General configuration > Scroll Documents > Troubleshooting
- Click Analyze
- After running the analysis all spaces with problems will be listed
- If an automatic fix is possible, click the Fix button to solve the problem
- If the fix button is grayed out, click the purple info icon for a link to a help article explaining how to solve the issue manually (you can find links to all these articles in the next paragraph)
Manually fix errors
The following articles explain how to fix the errors that require manually fixing:
- Error 003 – Add-on user lacks required permissions in document version space
- Error 004 – There are edit restrictions on the document version space homepage
- Error 005 – Add-on user is restricted from viewing document version space homepage
- Error 006 – No home page found document version space
- Error 007 – Missing or corrupted document version metadata in document version space
- Error 011 – Document root page cannot be accessed
- Error 016 – Permissions granted to non-existing group in document version space
- Error 017 – Permissions assigned to user and group with same names in document version space
- Error 019 – Permissions granted to group with incorrect case in the name