The following documentation outlines the steps required for setting up and running InfoCenter.
To download InfoCenter, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Eclipse Downloads Archive and select the latest version within Archived Releases
- Within the chosen Eclipse platform build, select Platform Runtime Binary – the available downloads for your OS and CPU are displayed.
- Select the wanted version of Eclipse and save the file on your local disk:
Extracting and preparing InfoCenter
After you've downloaded the Eclipse SDK please follow these steps to prepare the InfoCenter:
Create a new directory on your local disk and name it Infocenter
- Extract the downloaded file and copy its contents into the new Infocenter directory
For Mac, open the dmg file and click right on Eclipse file and choose ‘Show Package Contents’, then copy all files from the contents folder into the new Infocenter directory.
- The eclipse executable file must be copied into the directory ‘/Infocenter/Eclipse/’ (for Mac, this file can be found in the directory /Infocenter/MacOS).
- Download the startup script and save it into the Infocenter directory.
- If you use Mac OS or Linux: Open the terminal, navigate to the Infocenter directory and enter 'chmod a+x infocenter.sh' in the terminal.
The InfoCenter is now prepared and can be started.
In order to run InfoCenter on Mac or Linux, please follow these steps:
- Open the terminal and navigate to the Infocenter directory.
Enter the following line in the terminal and press Enter:
The line 'Starting up infocenter at http://localhost:4321/help/index.jsp' is displayed.
Copy the URL and paste it in your browser. The InfoCenter will then be displayed with default content:
- If you want to quit the InfoCenter, press CTRL+C.
Running InfoCenter on Windows
In order to run InfoCenter on Windows, simply double-click the startup script. To quit InfoCenter in Windows, double-click the stop Infocenter script.
Display the exported Documentation in InfoCenter
In order to display the exported documentation in InfoCenter, please follow these steps:
- Close all running InfoCenters.
- Copy the exported documentation file (.JAR) into 'Infocenter / eclipse / plugins'.
- Start the InfoCenter.
The exported documentation will then displayed in InfoCenter.