Context-sensitive help means providing help content that can be accessed directly from the current context of usage, e.g. by pressing the F1-key or a help button in the user interface of your your software. Context-sensitive help requires permanent links to the corresponding help resources. Scroll Exporters allows you to do this, e.g. with Scroll HTML Exporter to provide a set of corresponding static HTML pages.
Providing context-sensitive help using Scroll Page Keys
In combination with Scroll Versions, you can define unique page keys for each Confluence page within your documentation space. This allows you to provide your online help resources with links that remain stable even when changing the Confluence page title.
Before you begin:
- Make sure the Scroll Versions add-on is installed, and it's enabled within your Confluence space.
- Log in with Doc-Admin permissions for your documentation space.
Preparing your content:
- Set a page key for each page that you want to provide as context-sensitive help.
- Click Tools > Export to … and choose your desired export format (HTML, or EclipseHelp).
Make sure that the Export Scheme contains the correct file naming settings:
- In the Exporter dialog, click Customize Settings.
- In the File Naming tab, choose option Scroll PageKey, fallback to Page Title/ID.
- Click Start Export to generate and download your export result.
- Set up an EclipseHelp Infocenter, and deploy the generated
.jarfile into the plugins directory.
- For more information, see Setting up and Running Infocenter.