I want to exclude some pages from the Confluence page tree I'm exporting - how can I do this?
Within the Scroll PDF Exporter template settings (and the export dialogue - prior to confirming the export) it remains possible to define Confluence page labels in order to Include and/or Exclude child pages from the exported page tree.
When customizing an export template you can define the specific Confluence page labels via Properties > Labels:
Information regarding the label behaviour;
- If multiple Confluence page labels are defined in a single field they are considered as an OR expression. For instance, if you define label-1 and label-2 in the Exclude field, child pages with either of these labels will be excluded from the generated export.
- Both Include and Exclude fields can be used together with your chosen Confluence page labels.
- when defining a page label in the Include field (but not in the Exclude field), all other pages without a page label and/or pages without a matching label will be excluded from the export
- when defining a page label in the Include field and also in the Exclude field, you can have further control over pages that have multiple page labels defined. For example, if you have a page tree with the page label document-1 applied to all pages and also have the label document-2 applied to just a few select pages in the same page tree, it remains possible to exclude those pages with document-2 but still have document-1 pages included.
- When pages in the page tree contain no page labels but page labels are defined in the export settings for the template;
- if labels are specified in both the include and exclude fields, the pages without labels will be excluded in the generated export because they do not match the Include field
- if labels are only specified in the exclude field, the pages without labels will be included in the generated export because they do not match the Exclude field
- It is not possible to exclude the export root page (ie. parent page where the export is generated from) as this is needed for the creation of the export.