In spaces where Scroll Translations is activated, certain actions can only be carried out if users are assigned specific Confluence permissions.
Scroll Translations also introduces a permissions feature called Scroll Roles. However, we recommend using Confluence permissions as this is a more straightforward approach for granting permissions.
Confluence Permissions in Translated Spaces
Scroll Translations will treat you either as an Admin, an Author, or a Reader. You'll be treated as one of the three depending on the permissions in the space. The space permissions can be accessed via Space tools > Permissions.
Readers are users who only have View permissions in the space. As a Reader you can do the following:
- Read the content in the space.
- Switch between languages using the Language picker.
Authors are users with at least Add page permissions in the space. As an Author you can:
- Edit pages in the default language.
- Translate content in the target languages.
- View the translation status of pages in the Translations report.
Admins are users who either have Admin permissions in the space or global admin permissions. As an Admin you're authorized to perform the following administrative actions:
- Activate Scroll Translations in the space.
- Add target languages.
- Delete target languages.
- Export and import translation zips.