- Conditional Content and Variants
- Workflows and Publishing
- Advanced Content and Help
- Perform and Log Scroll Health Checks
- Restrict Scroll Versions activation by space
- Improve Page Tree Performance in Large Versioned Spaces
- Compatibility with Themes
- Security Advisories
- Minimum System Requirements
- Update Scroll Versions
- Get Scroll meta information
- Can I publish only specific pages?
- Can I use variables?
- Collaborative editing: how should I work with the editor's draft and publish functions?
- How can I bulk change the version of multiple pages?
- How can I change the versions of existing pages?
- How can I downgrade to a previous version of Scroll Versions?
- How can I lock version editing after publish?
- How can I make the Scroll Content Management Bar scrollable?
- How can I manage variant attributes for pages using REST
- How do I deactivate Scroll Versions in a space?
- How do I restrict searches to a specific version?
- How to change the number of available threads
- How to export a version with Scroll Exporters
- How to work with unversioned pages
- Why do I still see Scroll Versions UI elements after uninstalling the app
- What's the difference between Permalinks and Page Keys?
- Why am I getting a notification that "the task Publishing.Preview is currently queued"?
- Why are there pages grayed out in the page tree?
- Why are two pages created when converting an unversioned pages to a versioned page?
- Why does Page Property macro render an error?
- Why do I get the error "Page X will be restricted for Edit if Scroll Versions groups are removed in the target space and cannot be overwritten by the current user" when publishing a space?
- Why do I get the warning "Page XY contains a link to a page YX that cannot be published" when publishing a space?
- Why is a certain macro or app not working in versioned spaces?
- Why versioned pages are shown in the page tree?
- Limitations of use with Confluence 6
- Define Scroll Versions user settings
- Behavior of Inline Comments
- Delete a page and its descendants
- Fix the Macro Rendering Error
- 'Error Loading Children' is displayed in the page tree instead of the child pages
- Disable Scroll Versions Onboarding Notifications
- Importing Content to a Target Version
- Assigning renderable addresses to pages with unrenderable page titles
- Removing unversioned pages
- Split versioned spaces
- Disable the automatic flushing of the index queue at the end of a publish job
- Create a global multi-language glossary
- A banner appears in my spaces regarding the Dark Feature
- Solving the error "Change name 'PAGENAME' must match page naming pattern"
- How to unlock a space?
- Deactivate the Public View
- Reporting on spaces that use Scroll Versions or Translations functionality
- Switching off Scroll Versions or Scroll Translations functionality
How to use the conditional content macro
You can define sections of content within a page to be available in specific variants. This is called conditional content, and is accomplished through the conditional content macro that ships with Scroll Versions.
Insert the conditional content macro in your page, define the attribute values, and enter your conditional content. You can edit the attribute values as conditions by double-clicking the macro's header.
Insert conditional content macro inline
- Update to Scroll Versions 3.7.6 or later
- Type the content that would "wrap" the text inside conditional content as a single paragraph of text first. Then insert the macro and a conditional text. For example, to have a phrase Hello, there, friend as one line (with word there being inside the macro):
- type Hello, friend
- place cursor right before friend and insert conditional content macro using Insert > conditional content
- type there inside conditional content
- add a white space and a comma before friend
- Save the page
By default, conditional content is highlighted for all Authors. If you mouse-over the conditional content, its available variant(s) is displayed. If you do not want to highlight conditional content, you can disable the setting in the Scroll Settings available when clicking your avatar in the top-right corner.