- Conditional Content and Variants
- Workflows and Publishing
- Advanced Content and Help
- Perform and Log Scroll Health Checks
- Restrict Scroll Versions activation by space
- Improve Page Tree Performance in Large Versioned Spaces
- Compatibility with Themes
- Security Advisories
- Minimum System Requirements
- Update Scroll Versions
- Get Scroll meta information
- Can I publish only specific pages?
- Can I use variables?
- Collaborative editing: how should I work with the editor's draft and publish functions?
- How can I bulk change the version of multiple pages?
- How can I change the versions of existing pages?
- How can I downgrade to a previous version of Scroll Versions?
- How can I lock version editing after publish?
- How can I make the Scroll Content Management Bar scrollable?
- How can I manage variant attributes for pages using REST
- How do I deactivate Scroll Versions in a space?
- How do I restrict searches to a specific version?
- How to change the number of available threads
- How to export a version with Scroll Exporters
- How to work with unversioned pages
- Why do I still see Scroll Versions UI elements after uninstalling the app
- What's the difference between Permalinks and Page Keys?
- Why am I getting a notification that "the task Publishing.Preview is currently queued"?
- Why are there pages grayed out in the page tree?
- Why are two pages created when converting an unversioned pages to a versioned page?
- Why does Page Property macro render an error?
- Why do I get the error "Page X will be restricted for Edit if Scroll Versions groups are removed in the target space and cannot be overwritten by the current user" when publishing a space?
- Why do I get the warning "Page XY contains a link to a page YX that cannot be published" when publishing a space?
- Why is a certain macro or app not working in versioned spaces?
- Why versioned pages are shown in the page tree?
- Limitations of use with Confluence 6
- Define Scroll Versions user settings
- Behavior of Inline Comments
- Delete a page and its descendants
- Fix the Macro Rendering Error
- 'Error Loading Children' is displayed in the page tree instead of the child pages
- Disable Scroll Versions Onboarding Notifications
- Importing Content to a Target Version
- Assigning renderable addresses to pages with unrenderable page titles
- Removing unversioned pages
- Split versioned spaces
- Disable the automatic flushing of the index queue at the end of a publish job
- Create a global multi-language glossary
- A banner appears in my spaces regarding the Dark Feature
- Solving the error "Change name 'PAGENAME' must match page naming pattern"
- How to unlock a space?
- Deactivate the Public View
- Reporting on spaces that use Scroll Versions or Translations functionality
- Switching off Scroll Versions or Scroll Translations functionality
Add/edit a versioned page
When you add a new page, you can specify that page's version by selecting the version in the Version Dropdown. Your new page then exists in the version you specified and subsequent versions.
Adding or editing a page in a new version will create an actual new Confluence page, which is saved using a specific naming convention (explained in the Glossary), and hidden in the page tree.
The default Confluence search doesn't work seamlessly with the way Scroll Versions saves versioned pages, as all of these "dot pages" are displayed in the search results. See VSN-4130 - Getting issue details... STATUS .
However, the versioned pages will only be displayed in the search results for users with a Scroll Versions specific role. Readers will not see those pages in the search result.
When you edit a versioned page, your edits are applied to the selected version and all subsequent versions based on it (if the page has been edited in a newer version, the edited page and all newer versions will not inherit the changes), until you decide to remove the page in any version. If the page does not exist in the version you select, it is grayed out in the page tree.
Versioned pages are view-restricted to the groups specified in Scroll Versions roles. This is why links directly to page versions ("dot pages") don't work when shared with anyone outside those groups.
For further information about linking in spaces managed with Scroll Versions, please visit this page.