- Overview on the available styles
- Define styles
- Add structural elements
- Add placeholders
- Add Word macros
- Add bookmarks to exports
- Add captions to images, figures, and tables
- Change the page orientation
- Change the table format
- Ignore content in Confluence, but include it in exports
- Ignore content in exports
- Generate index terms
- Manually add a page break
- Override the Confluence page title
- Insert an export button
Problems with exported Word files
- Page layouts are not respected
- Images get exported in poor quality
- Styles are not displayed correctly
- Tables run off the page
- Links go to Confluence, not to other pages in the export
- Table heading rows in table are not preserved
- Scroll Pagetitle Macro does not work
- Heading levels are different than in Confluence
- Table text is in Times New Roman
- Scroll Versions placeholders do not work in exports
- Problems in Confluence
- Problems with exported Word files
- How heading levels are handled
- Scroll Macros
It is possible to upload Word templates containing Word macros. Word macros are little pieces of functionality embedded in Word files which can make handling Word files a lot easier. Word macros are written in Visual Basic and can be used for different purposes such as applying special formatting or calculate values.
For further information, please refer to the MS Office documentation.
Add a Word macro to your Word template
In the following we describe the necessary steps to create a *.docm template executing your macro code whenever the exported document is opened.
- In your Word template, select View > Macros > View Macros.
- Enter a name for your macro in the field Macro name.
- Select your active document in the Macros in the dropdown.
- Click Create and insert your macro code and save.
- Select Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm) in the Save as type drop-down and save.
Allow Word macros in the export settings
To use the template for your exports, you need to enable the Allow Word macros template setting for your export template.