Comala Document Management is a Confluence app that allows you to have full control of your Confluence pages with simple or complex approval processes.
You can integrate Comala Document Management with Scroll Word Exporter. This gives you the option to only export content that has been approved through Comala Document Management, and has been published to the final workflow state. This state can be any workflow state with the
final:true parameter, regardless of the state's name.
This guide explains how to integrate Comala Document Management and Scroll Word Exporter, and how to activate this export option, to make sure only approved pages get exported.
Before you start, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Scroll Word Exporter must be installed
- Comala Document Management (version 4.18.2 or later) must be installed
- Comala Document Management for Scroll Exporter must be installed (can only be installed after Scroll Word Exporter and Comala Document Management)
- A Comala Workflow must be configured in the space you are exporting
- Scroll Versions and/or Scroll Translations cannot be active in the space
Export only content published to the final Comala Workflow state
Now, the Export only the last published versions of the pages option is available in the Scroll Word Exporter export dialog at Show details > Content > Comala Document Management:
Options appear greyed out?
- If you have followed the initial steps above and the Comala Document Management options remain greyed out in the export dialogue this will likely be because the latest version of the page is not selected
- If you have followed the initial steps above and the Comala Document Management options remain greyed out template editor this will likely be because a global export template is being configured (not compatible) rather than a space export template
Only approved pages in the final Comala workflow state will be exported
The Word export will include all pages in the scope of the export, and the latest version of the pages' content – irrespective of whether it has been approved with Comala Document Management
Hide the workflow header and footer
The option to Hide the workflow header and footer is available in the Word export dialog at Show details > Content > Comala Document Management:
The Word export will include the defined workflow header and/or footer.
Activate these setting by default (custom templates only)
By default, both Comala Document Management settings are deactivated – for custom Word templates, you can define these setting to be activated by default for exports executed with that template.
To do so, select the Export only the last published versions of the pages or Hide the workflow header and footer template settings in the template editor.