You can define how captions are styled for exported figures and tables.
Style figure captions
To replace the default Figure caption style with a customized figure caption style:
- Insert a picture to the Word template (click the Insert tab > Picture > Upload method > select a picture > Insert)
- Right-click on the picture and click Insert Caption.
Please note, the label used for a figure depends on the language of the MS Word installation that was used to create the template - please see below for further information.
- Once confirmed, you can define your numbering for the caption by selecting the Format option
Please note, to determine the positioning of the caption in the generated export, please set this preference in the Caption template export settings (after uploading the Word file template to Confluence).
- Once the preferences have been confirmed, click OK and the caption will be inserted.
- Next, highlight the caption and select Styles Pane in the upper right corner:
The Styles section is then displayed. Select the dropdown menu for the Caption style and click Modify Style
- Within the Modify Style screen, you can now change the font, fontsize, color and other properties for the caption
- Once all preferences for the style have been selected, click OK to save your changes. The caption will reflect the assigned style.
- Finish the process by deleting the picture and caption and then save your template
Style table captions
To replace the default Table caption text with a customized table caption style, please follow these steps:
- Insert a Table into the Word template (click the Insert tab > Table)
- Choose a 2x2-Table – a table with two columns and two rows is inserted
- Highlight the table, right-click it and click Insert Caption
- Repeat steps three to eight as outlined for styling figure caption, for formatting the table caption
- Delete the table and related caption and save your template.
Setting the caption language
By default, caption languages are set to English (eg. Figure x / Table x / Codeblock x) for the export templates that come bundled with the app. However, Scroll Word Exporter also supports caption translations for the following languages:
German (Abbildung x / Tabelle x / Codeblock x)
Russian (Рисунок x / Таблица x / блок кода x)
French (Numéros x / Tableaux x / Liste de programmes x)
Italian (Figura x / Tabella x / Pièce de programme x)
To change the caption language for generated exports, users must:
- Open the Word template file and select the first available paragraph line in the Word file
- After this, depending on the operating system for MS Word, in the toolbar select:
- on MS Word for Mac select Review > Language
- on MS Word for windows select Review > Language > Language > Set proofing language
- Following this, choose the specific supported language (ie. German) and confirm OK.
Now, the captions provided by the Scroll Title macro will use the chosen language when this template is used to export Confluence content.