- Overview on the available styles
- Define styles
- Add structural elements
- Add placeholders
- Add Word macros
- Add bookmarks to exports
- Add captions to images, figures, and tables
- Change the page orientation
- Change the table format
- Ignore content in Confluence, but include it in exports
- Ignore content in exports
- Generate index terms
- Manually add a page break
- Override the Confluence page title
- Insert an export button
- Keep content together
- Using macros in Confluence
Problems with exported Word files
- Page layouts are not respected
- Styles are not displayed correctly
- Tables run off the page
- Links go to Confluence, not to other pages in the export
- Table heading rows in table are not preserved
- Scroll Pagetitle Macro does not work
- Heading levels are different than in Confluence
- Table text is in Times New Roman
- Scroll Versions placeholders do not work in exports
- Extra empty pages in exports
- How can I avoid blank paragraphs
- Problems in Confluence
- Problems with exported Word files
- How heading levels are handled
- Data included in error reports
With Scroll Word Exporter you can easily define styling for paragraph styles in your Word exports.
It is necessary to define Scroll Paragraph Styles in the Word template to allow Scroll Word Exporter to match the content exported from Confluence.
Adding and defining paragraph styles
- Open your Word template, insert some text and highlight it
- Click the Home tab and then select the Styles Pane option
- Within the Styles section, click New Style
- In the field Name enter the name of the Scroll style for your chosen paragraph style, for example 'Scroll Heading level 1'
- In the Style based on: you can use the standard Microsoft Word styles, which can be changed afterwards – for example 'Heading 1'
- In the Format drop down, you can then define Font and Paragraph settings for the style:
- After defining the rest of the formatting requirements, click OK.
Steps two to six can then be repeated for the additional Scroll Paragraph styles that are added
Delete the inserted text and save your template.
You've successfully created paragraph styles for your template.