It is possible to upload Word templates containing Word macros. Word macros are little pieces of functionality embedded in Word files which can make handling Word files a lot easier. Word macros are written in Visual Basic and can be used for different purposes such as applying special formatting or calculate values.
For further information, please refer to the MS Office documentation.
Add a Word macro to your Word template
In the following we describe the necessary steps to create a *.docm template executing your macro code whenever the exported document is opened.
- In your Word template, select View > Macros > View Macros.
- Enter a name for your macro in the field Macro name.
- Select your active document in the Macros in the dropdown.
- Click Create and insert your macro code and save.
- Select Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm) in the Save as type drop-down and save.
Allow Word macros in the export settings
To use the template for your exports, you need to enable the Allow Word macros template setting for your export template.